RICS Condition Report
The RICS Condition Report is an economical standardised level one report designed and regulated by the RICS. It is designed to provide the purchaser with a clear and concise guide to the property and to help the purchaser;
- make a reasoned and informed decision on whether or not to go ahead with buying the property
- take account of any repairs or replacements the property needs
- consider what other advice to take before exchanging contracts
The report is typically designed for traditionally constructed properties which are under 30 years old and have been maintained to a reasonable standard, which have not been substantially altered or extended. Property such as; purpose built flats and terraced housing. The report will;
- provide comment on the individual elements of the property fabric both inside and out
- include condition ratings for the elements of the building, services and any garages or permanent outbuildings
- provide an overall impression of services, however these are not tested in line with regulation
- point out particular points you should raise with your legal advisers
The report is set out to enable the potential purchaser to assess more clearly the overall condition of the property.
In order to better understand your requirements please feel free to contact Wonnacotts to discuss the potential purchase and the level of survey considered suitable for the specific property.
View Choosing Between Surveys Fact Sheet